Sunday 3 October 2010

Paul Benson: My first goal and the Chili Peppers make it a red-hot night to remember











The Charlton striker finds a noisy way to celebrate ending his drought for the club and by the way, it felt really good...

I scored my first goal for Charlton on Tuesday and as it was a late winner, I was in a mood to celebrate.

But the manager, Phil Parkinson, had called us in for a warm-down yesterday, so a glass of Coke was as heavy as it got for me after the 1-0 victory over MK Dons.

I live in Chelmsford, which is an hour's drive away so the journey can sometimes be a pain but I really enjoyed it on Tuesday.

I listened to the Red Hot Chili Peppers album By The Way and it felt as though the drive had only taken 20 minutes. I'd been listening to the album on the way to the ground, as well. Seeing as I scored, I might have to listen to it before every match now!

No comments: